Beginner MAVLink Commands for PX4 Quadcopter Drone.

OctoberFest Fan

Jan 20, 2022, 3:49:59 PM1/20/22
to MAVLink
I am working on trying to send commands via the MAVLink Console on the QGroundControl Software to manually control the Hovergames PX4 Quadcopter. I saw a link of various commands from the common messages, but I am not sure how to write the specified commands in the console. For example, I would like my drone to roll left or right at a rate of 4.5 radians per second for 0.15 seconds, as well as pitching forward front or back at a rate of 4.5 radians per second for the same amount of time. This would occur after takeoff at a resting height of around 1.5 meters. These commands would be very beneficial for the process of completing my project for graduation.

Very Respectfully,
Logan Lamm

Hamish Willee

Jan 30, 2022, 4:31:55 PM1/30/22
to MAVLink
Just back from holiday. Questions for specific flight stack's best asked in their respective discussion forums because precisely what is supported is flight stack specific.

As a starting point, see http://docs.px4.io/master/en/flight_modes/offboard.html#copter-vtol