Jmeter-maven-plugin to configure logback.xml to ship the INFO level logs to Elastic search

thirum...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2019, 11:41:41 AM10/14/19
to Maven JMeter Plugin Devs

Hi,

I have an use case where i need to load the Jmeter logs to elastic search without log-stash configurations.

The performance test case is being invoked using pom.xml jmeter-maven-plugin goal.

we wanted below message to be shipped to Elastic,
[INFO] summary =    180 in 00:00:01 =  182.6/s Avg:     0 Min:     0 Max:     0 Err:   180 (100.00%)

I tried the below mentioned in documentation, instead of log4j2xml i used logback.xml.

Advanced Log Configuration

If you add a "log4j2.xml" into the <confFilesDirectory> (defaults to ${project.base.directory}/src/test/conf) it will now be copied into the /bin folder. If one does not exist the default one supplied with JMeter will be used instead.

i also tried to provide the config file as mvn -X -DAPPCONFIG=home/App1 -Dlogback.configurationFile=file:path/to/conf/logback.xml -Duser.timezone=GMT com.lazerycode.jmeter:jmeter-maven-plugin:jmeter -Dtest=TestClass#testmethod

In both the cases the logback.xml is not being used. But i noticed that in git the pom.xml includes logback dependencies.

Any input, how to configure the logback.xml instead of log4j2.xml?