about Test-Results-File-Format

倾听雨落

Mar 19, 2018, 10:09:57 PM3/19/18
to maven-jmeter-plugin-devs
Hi:

Configuration based on this page:

<configuration>
   <resultsFileFormat>xml</resultsFileFormat>
</configuration>
The Test-Results-File-Format  is still CSV, Why?

giripra...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2018, 8:38:29 AM8/22/18
to Maven JMeter Plugin Devs
Hi,
am also looking for the solution to this same problem. Did you the find a way to view the results in an xml format? If so, can u please help me on how you acheived it.

Thank you
Giri

andrewburt...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 2:05:59 AM8/23/18
to Maven JMeter Plugin Devs
I just tested this and in addition to the resultsFileFormat setting, I also needed to add the following setting explicitly in the <configuration>:

<generateReports>false</generateReports>

The code (https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/src/main/java/com/lazerycode/jmeter/mojo/ConfigureJMeterMojo.java#L429) determines the output format and I assume that the default value of the generateResults variable is true, which would mean that it would go into CSV mode unless generateReports is explicitly disabled.

So in summary, the following generates the JTL (XML) format:

<configuration>
<generateReports>false</generateReports>
<resultsFileFormat>xml</resultsFileFormat>
</configuration>

andrewburt...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 2:08:37 AM8/23/18
to Maven JMeter Plugin Devs

giripra...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 3:17:41 AM8/23/18
to Maven JMeter Plugin Devs
Thank you for the reply. I can generate a jtl result file in xml format. Is there any way that I could generate both the reports(.html format) and results(.xml format)? I mean by changing the properties jmeter.properties file from

<propertiesJMeter>
<jmeter.save.saveservice.output_format>xml</jmeter.save.saveservice.output_format>
</propertiesJMeter>

Thanks in advance
Giri

andrewburt...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 7:48:58 AM8/23/18
to Maven JMeter Plugin Devs
I don't believe so. I think if you want the HTML reports, then you need to use csv format.

Is there any reason why you want the results in XML format if you have the HTML reports to analyse?