GWT/GAE with Maven

George Agiasoglou

Jul 20, 2011, 11:11:22 AM7/20/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new with maven and I am trying to use it with my existing app GWT/GAE/Objectify.

Is there a guide or tutorial on how to use GWT/GAE app with Maven?

I have looked for information at pages such as

and have tried this archetype to generate a sample project.
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=net.kindleit -DarchetypeArtifactId=gae-archetype-gwt -DarchetypeVersion=0.8.4 \
-DgroupId=com.myapp.test -DartifactId=testapp
However, the archetype uses older versions of GAE 1.4.3 / GWT 1.7.1, I guess that would be easy to change at a later time.

Also running mvn compile fails with

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0:compile (default-compile) on project whomaven: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/somebody/Development/app/src/main/java/net/kindleit/gae/example/server/MessageRepository.java:[7,16] package javax.jdo does not exist

Should this be happening? Isn't this a sample project and should run fine out of the box? I would assume that some dependencies are missing, or I am doing something totally wrong, which I haven't managed to figure out :(

Finally, my goal would be to import the projet in eclipse.
mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse

Thanks,
George

David Chandler

Jul 20, 2011, 2:30:53 PM7/20/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

I usually just copy a POM from another project. Here are some samples
using GWT+GAE:

http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/source/browse/trunk/samples/expenses/pom.xml

http://code.google.com/p/listwidget/ (GWT+GAE with Objectify)

/dmc

--
David Chandler
Developer Programs Engineer, GWT+GAE

George Agiasoglou

Jul 21, 2011, 12:16:48 PM7/21/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply David, I had given it a try before, using these poms, but I was still getting into problems.

My ultimate goal is continued integration using Jenkins. I may have to revisit this, at a later time when there is more support.

-George