How to use static files with gae-archetype-objectify-jsp

d.n....@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2012, 5:57:28 AM9/23/12
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com

I am writing my first Google App Engine project, in Java, without GWT. I started off by using the gae-archetype-objectify-jsp archetype to get the skeleton structure of the project, and am using the eclipse plugin to develop and test locally.

Everything is going great (loving objectify in particular) except for one thing: my static files like images and style sheets go missing every time I run the project. I've been putting these undersrc/main/webapp/, but anything I create there automatically gets deleted on build.

Is there something else I am supposed to do with static files?

Cheers, Dave

Petr Kozelka

Sep 24, 2012, 3:17:48 AM9/24/12
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com, d.n....@gmail.com
you seem to be using maven, it must be something in your pom.xml, most likely configuration of maven-clean-plugin
Petr

d.n....@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2012, 9:22:21 PM9/24/12
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com, d.n....@gmail.com
Hi Petr,

Yes I am using maven, and the pom.xml produced by gae-archetype-objectify-jsp. All I have done to it is to add a few extra dependencies.

Weird: the static files are fine if I run via the command line: i.e mvn gae:run. They only get deleted when I run via eclipse.

Hmm, so now I have to discipline myself to not press that run button, or at least check in the code before I do. Eeep, I am guaranteed to screw that up at some point, and loose lots of work.

Does no-one else using this archetype with eclipse experience the same problem?

Cheers,
Dave