Going distributed?

Robert Munteanu

Oct 14, 2011, 5:19:35 AM10/14/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed that the project uses SVN . Now that Google Code offers both Git and Mercurial I think it using one of these lowers the barrier to contribution substantially. Moving to Github would probably be even better, but that's a more disruptive move.

Both Git and Mercurial have migration guides ( http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ConvertingSvnToGit , http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ConvertingSvnToHg ) , so this is a supported path.

What do you think about this possibility?

Robert

Taylor Leese

Oct 14, 2011, 10:16:28 AM10/14/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com

I already have a GitHub mirror so it's not really a technical issue. There are a number of benefits to GitHub in my mind.  I discussed it briefly with Rodolfo in the past.  Perhaps it's time to make it happen. +1 from me, but it's Rodolfo's decision.

- Taylor

Manuel Grau

Oct 14, 2011, 10:17:33 AM10/14/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
I told him the same. So +1 for me too

2011/10/14 Taylor Leese <tlee...@gmail.com>

--
Manuel Grau Aracil
Software Engineer at Realex Payments

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking" Steve Jobs.
image002.jpg
360.gif

Rodolfo Hansen

Oct 14, 2011, 2:46:17 PM10/14/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
I told myself the same too... :P

I've just been procrastinating.� To github we go!

On Oct 14, 2011 2:19 AM, "Robert Munteanu" <robert....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that the project uses SVN . Now that Google Code offers both Git and Mercurial I think it using one of these lowers the barrier to contribution substantially. Moving to Github would probably be even better, but that's a more disruptive move.

Both Git and Mercurial have migration guides ( http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ConvertingSvnToGit , http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ConvertingSvnToHg ) , so this is a supported path.

What do you think about this possibility?

Robert

--
Manuel Grau Aracil
Software Engineer at Realex Payments

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven�t found it yet, keep looking" Steve Jobs.

Robert Munteanu

Oct 18, 2011, 3:19:11 AM10/18/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks!

I've updated the ohloh enlistment to reflect the new repository: https://www.ohloh.net/p/gae-maven-plugin .

One mention though , we seem to have lost the open issues. Is there a CSV export somewhere? It might be useful to keep the old bugs and feature requests.

Robert

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Rodolfo Hansen <kry...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Sent from my (old) computer
360.gif

Rodolfo Hansen

Robert Munteanu

Oct 18, 2011, 3:29:58 AM10/18/11
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Rodolfo Hansen <kry...@gmail.com> wrote:
Didn't all the bugs magically disappear too  ?

;)

https://github.com/gae-maven-plugin/bugs

These are not the bugs you're looking for ? :-)

[...]

Rodolfo Hansen

Oct 18, 2011, 3:39:12 AM10/18/11
to maven-ga...@googlegroups.com
http://code.google.com/p/maven-gae-plugin/issues/list

And I attached the csv export, is there a quick way to import it into github?

So much for "hiding things under the rug" ... :p

On 10/18/2011 03:29 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
[...]

maven-gae-plugin-issues.csv

Robert Munteanu

Robert Munteanu

Oct 19, 2011, 11:34:37 AM10/19/11

On Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:27:22 AM UTC+3, Rodolfo wrote:
Didn't all the bugs magically disappear too� ?
�
;)

Speaking of magic, did anyone get notified of https://github.com/maven-gae-plugin/maven-gae-plugin/pull/1 or do I have to ping the group?

Rodolfo Hansen