Failure to find com.google.android.gms:play-services:aar:4.4.52

16 views
Skip to first unread message

Pawel

unread,
Nov 3, 2017, 8:05:16 PM11/3/17
to Maven Android Developers
Dear Maven Android Developers

I want to migrate my projects from Android Studio to build them using maven and I have a problem with building AAR. I follow the documentation http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/aar.html but I get the error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project common: Could not resolve dependencies for project android2:common:aar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.google.android.gms:play-services:aar:4.4.52 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Attached my POM.xml

What am I missing?
Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,
Pawel


pom.xml

Manfred Moser

unread,
Nov 3, 2017, 8:21:09 PM11/3/17
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
This dependency is probably in the maven repo of the sdk. You can use the Maven Android SDK Deployer to get that stuff added to your local repository or your repository manager.

https://github.com/simpligility/maven-android-sdk-deployer

Manfred

Pawel wrote on 03.11.2017 16:49:

> Dear Maven Android Developers
>
> I want to migrate my projects from Android Studio to build them using maven and I have a problem with building AAR. I follow the documentation http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/aar.html <http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/aar.html> but I get the error:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project common: Could not resolve dependencies for project android2:common:aar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.google.android.gms:play-services:aar:4.4.52 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
>
> Attached my POM.xml
>
> What am I missing?
> Thanks in advance for help.
>
> Regards,
> Pawel
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maven Android Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maven-android-deve...@googlegroups.com <mailto:maven-android-deve...@googlegroups.com> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout <https://groups.google.com/d/optout> .
pom.xml

William Ferguson

unread,
Nov 4, 2017, 11:33:14 PM11/4/17
to Maven Android Developers
Actually Google is now (finally) publishing the Android artefacts to an external repo.
You can find it at https://maven.google.com/

You need to include it in the list of repos to search.

William


On Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 10:21:09 AM UTC+10, Manfred Moser (simpligility) wrote:
This dependency is probably in the maven repo of the sdk. You can use the Maven Android SDK Deployer to get that stuff added to your local repository or your repository manager.

https://github.com/simpligility/maven-android-sdk-deployer

Manfred

Pawel wrote on 03.11.2017 16:49:

> Dear Maven Android Developers
>
> I want to migrate my projects from Android Studio to build them using maven and I have a problem with building AAR. I follow the documentation http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/aar.html <http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/aar.html>  but I get the error:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project common: Could not resolve dependencies for project android2:common:aar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find com.google.android.gms:play-services:aar:4.4.52 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
>
> Attached my POM.xml
>
> What am I missing?
> Thanks in advance for help.
>
> Regards,
> Pawel
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Maven Android Developers" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to maven-android-developers+unsub...@googlegroups.com <mailto:maven-android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com> .
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages