Android for Maven Eclipse going UNMAINTAINED

Ricardo Gladwell

Feb 3, 2016, 10:58:02 AM2/3/16
to Maven Android Developers, andmo...@eclipse.org
Dear All,

After 5+ years of development work I’m putting Android for Maven Eclipse (m2e-android) into unmaintained mode.

Unfortunately, time constraints prevent me from giving m2e-android the kind of attention it needs, not just to stay maintained and compatible with API changes (in m2e, the ADT, the Eclipse Project *and* Maven itself) but to add new features which this plugin sorely needs. Also, the hostility and lack of upstream support this project receives reduces motivation.

If anyone would like to take over maintenance of m2e-android I’d be happy to give contributor access, or redirect or link to a new project. Just get in touch with your proposal

I’ll also be putting the Patreon campaign to bed and cancelling everyone’s generous patronages.

Thanks once again to all the other contributors that have helped support m2e-android, including (but not limited to) Hugo Josefson, Manfred Moser, Anthony Dahanne, Mykola Nikishov, Benoit Billington, David Carver and, of course, Csaba Kozák. It has been a valuable learning experience working with amazing developers from across the globe.

All the best with your own endeavours.

Regards...

https://gladwell.me

Benoit Billington

Feb 3, 2016, 1:50:16 PM2/3/16
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com, andmo...@eclipse.org
Thank you Ricardo!

Benoit Billington

Anthony Dahanne

Feb 3, 2016, 3:58:45 PM2/3/16
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the hard work Ricardo.
I hope to work with you again on another open source project.
Cheers mate,
Anthony

Manfred Moser

Feb 7, 2016, 4:19:49 PM2/7/16
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,

Thank you so much for all your efforts over the years. It has been great having you part of the community. I hope you will still stick around.

In terms of m2e-android I will see what we can cook up with. I would definitely like it to continue in one way or another. Are you going to be completely off the project or would you be able to still do pull requests and releases?

In any case... make sure to stay in touch!

Manfred

Ricardo Gladwell

Feb 18, 2016, 4:53:49 AM2/18/16
to Maven Android Developers
Hey Manfred,

Thanks, and good luck with the android-maven-plugin.

I'll certainly keeping tabs on the mailing list here.