Issue 187 in maven-alfresco-archetypes: Update Maven Alfresco SDK to Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jun 10, 2014, 8:30:41 AM6/10/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 187 by gabriele...@alfresco.com: Update Maven Alfresco SDK to
Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=187

The next major/minor version of Alfresco will build with Maven.

This means that:

- there won't be anymore 'config' artifacts
- artifact naming needs to be double checked
- need to evaluate if platform distribution POM is still required and how
to add it to the automated Alfresco build

issue notifications to this address.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jun 10, 2014, 8:36:53 AM6/10/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: Milestone-Release-sdk-2.0.0

Comment #1 on issue 187 by colum...@gmail.com: Update Maven Alfresco SDK to
Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=187

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jun 10, 2014, 9:06:54 AM6/10/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 187 by ole.hejl...@gmail.com: Update Maven Alfresco SDK
to Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=187

I got 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT (fresh clone from github) running. I updated the
platform distribution so it doesn't include the "config" artifacts.

I also had to remove alfresco-repository and alfresco-data-model (with the
config classifier) from alfresco-sdk-parent pom.

Platform distribution pom: https://gist.github.com/ohej/82549b0d279ab5022db8
Alfresco-sdk-parent pom: https://gist.github.com/ohej/7bea1e24749e8f092fb6

This seems to work, tested it with a couple of addons and did some tests,
seems fine.

When running it against the share.war I had to add slf4j-log4j12 as a
dependency to get it up and running.

I'm not sure why the platform distribution is needed at all?

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jun 16, 2014, 11:31:09 AM6/16/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 187 by o...@magenta-aps.dk: Update Maven Alfresco SDK
to Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=187

All in one seems to work, except for Solr.

Solr had it's packaging changed, so the archetype needs to be modified. The
final pom for Solr in all-in-one should look like this:
https://gist.github.com/ohej/816b770b08ce633c13ea

I'm waiting for
https://artifacts.alfresco.com/nexus/service/local/repositories/thirdparty/content/org/apache/solr/apache-solr/1.4.1-alfresco-patched/apache-solr-1.4.1-alfresco-patched.war
to be updated with the correct contents before I can test it properly.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jun 16, 2014, 6:06:41 PM6/16/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 187 by o...@magenta-aps.dk: Update Maven Alfresco SDK
to Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=187

I've committed my changes, see r737

Most changes were version updates and removing config artifacts.
All-in-one had some issues with Solr, which was also fixed.
Share had issues running, so slf4j-log4j12 had to be added. I added it in
the parent pom to keep the AMP poms as tight as possible.

Now there are some missing pieces: alfresco-platform-distribution. This is
in the core SVN, and it's not included in the default build.
I've forked it on GitHub and propse this commit as a change:
https://github.com/ohej/community-edition/commit/ef2b652ab145603c6cc4f21d5f432a43a5be254e

This change will re-work the platform-distribution to be included (and
deployed) when doing "mvn install / mvn deploy". I also updated it to
exclude the config artifacts.

Last thing is that alfresco-mmt module is not included in the default build
cycle in HEAD. There are problems building it (it works, but fails on
the "installer" module), and the SDK depends on the same MMT version as the
Alfresco version.

If we get the last two issues fixed, it is possible to checkout the SDK
code, clone Alfresco-community from GitHub. Do "mvn install" on
Alfresco-community and ditto with the SDK. Voila, working SDK for
4.3.0-SNAPSHOT.

Let me know what you guys think.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jul 17, 2014, 8:09:03 PM7/17/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 187 by colum...@gmail.com: Update Maven Alfresco SDK to
Mavenized Alfresco build (Community + Enterprise)
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=187

I have just tested this with 5.0-SNAPSHOT and it all works fine. Happy to
close this one! I almost can't believe :)