Issue 152 in maven-alfresco-archetypes: Clean the way modules depend on each other

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Nov 6, 2013, 7:30:15 AM11/6/13
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Owner: samuel.l...@alfresco.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 152 by samuel.l...@alfresco.com: Clean the way modules depend on
each other
http://code.google.com/p/maven-alfresco-archetypes/issues/detail?id=152

Every time we change the version of the project in the pom files (i.e.
every time we release), the build fails.
That's because there is a kind of circular dependency between modules:
alfresco-maven-plugin is part of the build, but is referenced in an
upstream project.

The workaround is to deploy the missing bits once, so that the next build
can download them:

cd plugins/alfresco-maven-plugin && mvn deploy
mvn deploy -N

issue notifications to this address.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Nov 17, 2013, 10:09:02 AM11/17/13
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 152 by colum...@gmail.com: Clean the way modules depend
Sam this seems to be a bug in Maven, rather than a circular dependency
(which would make the build fail every time, not just on version change).

The problem is that Maven does not resolve projects in the reactor (which
would have the correct version) if you are depending on them.

Really what's happening here is that:

- alfresco-sdk-parent uses the alfresco-maven-plugin (to provide AMP
support)
- alfresco-sdk-parent has a parent reference on
alfresco-lifecycle-aggregator
- when building from alfresco-lifecycle-aggregator, it's required to:
- mvn clean install the alfresco-maven-plugin
- mvn clean install --non-recursive of the alfresco-lifecycle-aggregator
- mvn clean install the whole project

I am not sure how we can fix this since the dependency chain if
functionally required. One more thing: unless you use the -Prelease profile
you actually have to specify the -DaltDeploymentRepository property to
actually be able to deploy.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Nov 17, 2013, 10:19:53 AM11/17/13
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: Milestone-Release-sdk-unscheduled

Comment #2 on issue 152 by colum...@gmail.com: Clean the way modules depend

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jul 3, 2014, 7:06:58 AM7/3/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 152 by maurizio...@alfresco.com: Clean the way modules
Can we close this issue, now that the -Prelease is part of the parent POM?

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jul 3, 2014, 7:57:00 AM7/3/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 152 by samuel.l...@alfresco.com: Clean the way modules
Lets' bump the version to 2.0, and see how it goes, if you don't mind...
I'm not quite sure I had fully understood what was going on.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jul 17, 2014, 6:12:03 PM7/17/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 152 by colum...@gmail.com: Clean the way modules depend
Just bumped the version to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT, let's how it goes.

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jul 17, 2014, 6:13:02 PM7/17/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Milestone-Release-sdk-unscheduled Milestone-Release-sdk-2.0.0

Comment #6 on issue 152 by colum...@gmail.com: Clean the way modules depend
Scheduling for 2.x and leaving this with you Sam :)

maven-alfres...@googlecode.com

Jul 18, 2014, 4:49:54 AM7/18/14
to maven-a...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #7 on issue 152 by samuel.l...@alfresco.com: Clean the way modules
Build went fine - let's get rid of this issue :-)
Thanks