Comment #1 on issue 152 by colum...@gmail.com
: Clean the way modules depend
Sam this seems to be a bug in Maven, rather than a circular dependency
(which would make the build fail every time, not just on version change).
The problem is that Maven does not resolve projects in the reactor (which
would have the correct version) if you are depending on them.
Really what's happening here is that:
- alfresco-sdk-parent uses the alfresco-maven-plugin (to provide AMP
- alfresco-sdk-parent has a parent reference on
- when building from alfresco-lifecycle-aggregator, it's required to:
- mvn clean install the alfresco-maven-plugin
- mvn clean install --non-recursive of the alfresco-lifecycle-aggregator
- mvn clean install the whole project
I am not sure how we can fix this since the dependency chain if
functionally required. One more thing: unless you use the -Prelease profile
you actually have to specify the -DaltDeploymentRepository property to
actually be able to deploy.