very interested

Message has been deleted

Doug Berry

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:40:10 -0400, in alt.conspiracy you wrote:

>I don't really know about the face on mars, and i am really interested in
>finding out more facts on the cover-up pleas contact me.

There is nothing to cover up. The human eye and brain are
trained to recognize certain patterns from birth. The strongest
of these patterns is the human face. This hardwiring is so that
a baby will recognize it's parent. We think baby animals are
cute because most higher animals share characteristics that set
off our paternal instincts (big eyes, high foreheads, large
head.) Think about the "man in the moon" for a minute.. it
doesn't really look like a face, but for thousands of years,
across many different cultures, people saw one.

The same thing on Mars. A mesa in Cydonia was photographed by
Viking I. Under the lighting conditions, it looked remarkably
like a face. Ther illusion was heightened by a missing piece of
data that resulted in a black dot on the photo were the nostril
should be.

If NASA wished to cover this up, why did they make the Face a
featured part of that day's Viking news conference? They
released the photo so that everyone could see the odd and amusing
formation. Hardly the act of a secretive cabal, is it?

Nature is filled with oddities and delights, enjoy them. Have
you ever seen Star Wars? If so, go tot he following link and
look at the moon of Saturn named Mimas and tell me what you see.

http://www.seds.org/billa/tnp/mimas.html

It's the Death Star. In orbit around Saturn! Panic! Or is it
just a moon that was smacked by a meteor that left a massive
impact crater, one that makes the moon resemble a well-known
object from our popular culture.

A cover-up of alien ruins on mars would require the complicity of
the entire astronomical community. NASA isn't alone, you know.
Hundreds of universities, national observatories, the ESA, the
Russians.. all would have had to agree to keep things quiet for
twenty years.

Relax, and enjoy our odd solar system.

--
Douglas E. Berry
dbe...@hooked.net

Proud Hooker since 1995.

Blue Resonant Human

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

"shawn" <srei...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>I don't really know about the face on mars, and i am really interested in
>finding out more facts on the cover-up pleas contact me.

OK -- we'll get right on it.

Scott A. Munro

Apr 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/26/98

wrote:

>I don't really know about the face on mars, and i am really interested in
>finding out more facts on the cover-up pleas contact me.

Recent research has confirmed that the "Face on Mars" is a sculpture
of comedian Buddy Hackett.

-----
Scott A. Munro http://www.nextdim.com/users/smunro/
UFOs, Jack the Ripper, politics, fiction,
computer art, and other strange subjects.
Proud member, Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy™

Rob Hafernik

Apr 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/28/98

In article <89361852...@wagasa.cts.com>, dens...@cts.com.org.net
(Blue Resonant Human) wrote:

> "shawn" <srei...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't really know about the face on mars, and i am really interested in
> >finding out more facts on the cover-up pleas contact me.
>

> OK -- we'll get right on it.

By all means, Brother Blue, deploy the masses and let's GET IT RIGHT this time!