L68K: Re: Unkown device in vmlinux 2.0.33

1 view

Geert Uytterhoeven

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
(Forwarded from the linux-m68k mailing list)

Hi Dominique,

> I added recently the AteoBus with its graphic card Pixel64 into my A1200. Now,
> when starting linux, I get some unkown devices:
>
> 0x00400000: [07ea:ff] made by Progressive Peripherals (Z2, 4M)
> 0x002e0000: [07ea:fe] made by Progressive Peripherals (Z2, 128K)
> 0x002c0000: [07ea:fc] made by Progressive peripherals (Z2, 128K)
>
> I contacted Ateo for more information about these unkown devices.
>
> First of all, they were using 07ea as identifier but received a new one for
> Ateo Concept from Amiga Int. which is going to be used very soon. Their new
> id will be: 102F.
>
> Then for the cards:
> the first entry is the Pixel64 Memory (only the first 2M are used)
> the second entry is the Pixel64 I/O
> the third entry is the ISA bus.

Thanks! I added them to the zorro-utils database.

07ea
fc00 AteoBus Expansion Bus
fe00 Pixel64 Graphics Board
ff00 Pixel64 Graphics Board (RAM)

102f Ateo Concepts
fc00 AteoBus
fe00 Pixel64 Graphics Board
ff00 Pixel64 Graphics Board (RAM)

I assume the product IDs will stay the same when they switch to their own
vendor ID?

> The Pixel64 board is based around the Cirrus Logic GD5434.
>
> I am quite new to linux. Is there a way of using this card under linux ? Is it
> possible to specify in the amiboot command line to use this card for the
> console ?
>
> What should I do to be able to use this card under linux (first just for the
> console and later also for XFree) ?

There's already a driver for various CL-GD542x/543x based Amiga graphics board,
written by Frank Neumann: clgen. Adding support for the Pixel64 can't be that
difficult. Then you can use the board under Linux/m68k (and Linux/PPC on APUS),
for both the console (8/16/24/32 bpp) and X (8/16/32 bpp, unaccelerated at the
moment).

You already seem to have a good relationship with Ateo Concepts. Can you get
access to more information about the Pixel64 (e.g. a complete memory map)?
Zorro IDs and other specs about their other AteoBus boards (Ethernet!) are
always welcome, too.

Greetings,

Geert

P.S. I found them on the web at http://www.ateo-concepts.com/.
--
Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uyt...@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/

lut...@maxime.u-strasbg.fr

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 11:49:44AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> difficult. Then you can use the board under Linux/m68k (and Linux/PPC on APUS),

Is the ateo bus not plugged in the expansion slot, in place of the accelerator board?

does a BPPC fit in it ? are they not power problems ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER

Geert Uytterhoeven

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 lut...@maxime.u-strasbg.fr wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 11:49:44AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > difficult. Then you can use the board under Linux/m68k (and Linux/PPC on APUS),
>
> Is the ateo bus not plugged in the expansion slot, in place of the accelerator board?
>
> does a BPPC fit in it ? are they not power problems ?

According to the website:

| Can I plug the AteoBus and my accelerator together?
| Yes, the AteoBus plug on the A1200 CPU slot but allow you to keep your
| accelerator board.

Greetings,

Geert