L68K: linux & mac lc475

Aussage_Olivier

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
(Forwarded from the linux-m68k mailing list)

Hello,

I have since a few days a mac LC475. I tried to run linux on this box by
I have some problems:
I can boot with penguin 15, load the linux kernel 2.33, and the kernel
can mount a file system in the ram disk (root=/dev/ram).
But after this message (VFS: ... ) at the end of the boot , I do not
have a login shell ...
What is wrong with this machine ?
1) Linux can not run of this kind of mac because it has no FPU ?
2) I have a bad kernel binary with wrong parameters ?
3) a bad file system ?
4) no solution ? :)

If someone could help me !

Many thanks in advance,

Olivier.

Roman Hodek

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
(Forwarded from the linux-m68k mailing list)

> What is wrong with this machine ?
> 1) Linux can not run of this kind of mac because it has no FPU ?

That's it. Until someone writes a FPU emulator, Linux can run only on
machines with FPU.

Roman