L68K: Hydra Ethernet

Geert Uytterhoeven

Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
(Forwarded from the linux-m68k mailing list)

Anyone who's using an Amiga Hydra Ethernet board? I think it should be possible
to merge hydra.c and ariadne2.c into one ne2k-zorro.c driver, cfr. ne2k-pci.c.

Things that need to be changed in ariadne2.c:

- Add Zorro probing for Hydra.
- Hydra needs a swapping memcpyw, while the Ariadne II has a swapped databus.
- Maybe the routine for reading the hardware address from the PROM? The Hydra
driver uses something completely different from the normal 8390 PROM
routines.

BTW, in ne2k-pci, they solved the cleanup when unloading the module like this:

/* No room in the standard 8390 structure for extra info we need. */
struct ne2k_pci_card {
struct ne2k_pci_card *next;
struct device *dev;
struct pci_dev *pci_dev;
};
/* A list of all installed devices, for removing the driver module. */
static struct ne2k_pci_card *ne2k_card_list = NULL;

void
cleanup_module(void)
{
struct device *dev;
struct ne2k_pci_card *this_card;

/* No need to check MOD_IN_USE, as sys_delete_module() checks. */
while (ne2k_card_list) {
dev = ne2k_card_list->dev;
unregister_netdev(dev);
release_region(dev->base_addr, NE_IO_EXTENT);
kfree(dev);
this_card = ne2k_card_list;
ne2k_card_list = ne2k_card_list->next;
kfree(this_card);
}
unlock_8390_module();
}

While we added a `priv' field to struct ei_device to remember the Zorro key...

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uyt...@cs.kuleuven.ac.be