Is anyone else interested in building 3D delta printers?

Haydn Huntley

Mar 14, 2014, 1:36:53 AM3/14/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
The last month I've been building and tuning a Kossel Clear delta printer I purchased on Kickstarter as a kit.  It took only a day or two to put together, and then a week to get it tuned well enough to consistently print (in PLA).

I've been so excited about playing with it, printing things from Thingiverse.com, and designing new parts for some machines I'm working on -- I haven't had this much fun in ages!

The reason I'm asking if anyone else is interested in building 3D delta printers, is that I was thinking of having a weekend workshop where interested people could build them.

I've learned enough that I think I could lead a workshop for between 3 and 10 people to build their own delta printers.  The cost would be for parts, which should be under $500.  (To be clear, I'll be doing this strictly as a volunteer.)

A good time to plan this would be before the end of this month (March 2014), because MisumiUSA is having an incredible sale on aluminum extrusions.  If you are placing your first order with them, and you order $150 or more, they'll give you a credit of $150!  Here is the link:  http://us.misumi-ec.com/news/topics/2014/01/misumi-first-150-promotion-terms-and-conditions.html

I work at ATRC, and we might be able to hold the event there.

If you are interested, let me know...

cole santos

Mar 14, 2014, 5:30:38 AM3/14/14
to mauimakers
I would be interested. Let me know when you want to hold this. We also have space at puunene, or other possibilities as well.

Wade Bortz

Mar 14, 2014, 5:11:24 PM3/14/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I'd also be interested.  I'm still running a Mendel that I printed in 2010 - might be time for something new.  :)

Wade

Jerry Isdale

Mar 14, 2014, 6:19:41 PM3/14/14
to MauiMakers

Check out Ohmeye.com
John Paul is located in kihei

- jerry isdale

sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.

Brian Thomas

Mar 14, 2014, 11:16:49 PM3/14/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com

Haydn, that would be a great little get together, thanks for offering to share your experience/knowledge.  This would be a good way for other 3D printer people to meet and share too.  Wade, Brian V, John Paul who I just read about etc.

James is our new Director of Education after stepping up at last nights meeting.  James- can you email Haydn and try and set something up?  Lets keep it small with Haydn setting ideal number of people.

Jerry Isdale

Mar 15, 2014, 5:26:11 AM3/15/14
to MauiMakers

James who?

- jerry isdale

sent from my phone, which may have added its own interpretation of what i typed or dictated. I apologize for any auto correct errors introduced by our robotic under lord.

cole santos

Mar 15, 2014, 11:11:12 AM3/15/14
to mauim...@googlegroups.com

From last thurs