Since the end of the Jewelry Class there has been discussions on forming a Jewelry SIG (special interest group)
How a SIG works is:
- A group of Maui Makers members of any level get together and create the activity and set it's time and date (from available times)
- Two members of the SIG need to be advanced members to make sure the facility is open for the meetings
- One to set activity for meeting and one to take care of the space
- They can alternate the roles and can designate any SIG member to be a one meeting activity lead.
- A SIG can invite a guest speaker, instructor as long as they can cover any costs involved in the group.
- If non members are present the advanced member that takes care of the space is responsible for collecting any guest fees (per policy) and having any paperwork filled out.
- The Secretary and Treasurer will instruct on proper procedure in this regards
- There were two members who had some experience in some of the skills for metal craft and they may be willing to share their knowledge with the rest.
- A SIG is a way of formally sharing knowledge and experience as well as experimenting in creative methods around a subject
- Maui Makers and some of its members have a large collection of tools for jewelry making and this is a low risk method to share them with control