Keep this afternoon open to help Maui Makers

Peter Menningen

Nov 10, 2019, 10:24:55 AM11/10/19
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, maui-make...@googlegroups.com, Education Committee
Maui Makers First Lego League Jr teams  is in the process of securing some donated funding. We have a local business that may provide matching funds for the group.

Montessori School of Maui PTO (Makawao) Is holding a Holiday Festival and sale  on Friday December 6, 2019 from 3:30 to Sunset. Maui Makers is in discussion and negotiation with the PTO on getting a fee for providing 3 or 4 activities for their Keiki area.  They would assist with some volunteers  for the time of the event.

The activities that we will probably be providing are:
  • Marble Black Hole
  • Straw rockets
  • Gears, Gears, Gears
  • and maybe Bucks Death Star.
What we need is Transportation (pickup truck for Marble Black Hole)  a few members to help with setup and tear down.
If you have a student at Montessori you can get credit for your community hours requirement.

Our two teams are made up of 10-12 Keiki both boys and girls in the early primary grades.
Excess donations that are not used to cover actual program expenses will go to the space general funds.

--
Peter Menningen
Sent from my Desktop in Haiku

Buck Joiner

Nov 15, 2019, 3:50:21 AM11/15/19
to mauim...@googlegroups.com, maui-make...@googlegroups.com, Education Committee
Unfortunately, I am not available to help with this event. ALL of my neighborhood, 1200 homes, are invited to a street party in front of my place December 6. Actually there will only be about 75 to 100 people show up but it is for the lighting of my Christmas decorations and an annual potluck.

I can loan a pickup truck if somebody wants to come get it.

Buck

Buck