TL;DR Maui Makers shutting down (temp or perm?)

Jerry Isdale

Apr 16, 2020, 5:36:16 PM4/16/20
to MauiMakers

The following message was sent to the MauiMakers (paid members) email list.

TL;DR Maui Makers is not renewing its (sub)lease and is either going to find an awesome new (low cost) location or go into hibernation (again). If you have stuff at the space, go retrieve it.

Dear Members, friends
Our sublease ends on May 24th of 2020. Our space will have been reduced and the proposed rent has been increased.Our income has not been able to cover our basic costs. At our board meeting on Sunday the 12th of April, the board passed unanimously the following Motion:

“Given the current situation, Maui Makers cannot in good faith enter into a 1 year lease for 262 Pakana.”

We are continuing to keep Maui Makers alive but we will need help and support from all of our members.
Please continue to support us with your monthly membership dues! As we search for a new space.
Please help find us a free or very reduced rental location to move our wonderful equipment! ASAP!!

If you have materials, projects, tools at the Space, please let us know your choice to remove, donate, pay for the space they occupy.

Please help us move the equipment to our new space or into storage. When we find it.
We will need financial support, trucks and manpower.

Thank you,
Paul Sable
Secretary and Facilities Manager