Re: Digest for maui-gtug@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Randall Unruh

Jan 26, 2011, 1:48:53 AM1/26/11
to maui...@googlegroups.com
http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-central/soundminer-android-malware-listens-then-steals-phone-data-061?source=IFWNLE_nlt_sec_2011-01-25

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM, <maui-gtu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/maui-gtug/topics

Les Vogel

Jan 26, 2011, 4:45:37 AM1/26/11
to maui...@googlegroups.com
Cool idea.  One thing I've learned doing recognition and image processing tasks over the years is how information rich our world is.  And how little it takes to encode something interesting.

When I was still a teenager, I was working on a simple scanner, that was a 512x512x8 camera.  We used colored filters (R,G,B) to digitize an image from Playboy. Then, using a pseudocolor operation, we were able to bring out all the vein's and arteries.
--
Les Vogel
808 870-0418

"this is a situation in which virtue becomes vice and prudence is folly; what we need above all is for someone to spend more, even if the spending isn’t particularly wise." - P. Krugman