Mattole Valley Resource Center

Julie Simpson

Jul 2, 2014, 8:09:41 PM7/2/14
to mat...@googlegroups.com

Mattole Valley Resource Center

PO Box 191

Petrolia, CA 95558

707-629-3348

After a year and a half of planning and organizing, we are pleased to announce that the Mattole Valley Resource Center is now open regularly to serve the Petrolia and Honeydew communities.  The Mattole Valley Resource Center’s mission is to provide a coordination of services that builds, supports, enriches, and sustains resilient individuals, strong families and a healthy community. We are currently operating out of the Mattole Restoration Council office in Petrolia.  The office is in the upstairs of the Mattole Valley Community Center and we will be the sole occupants of the office on Fridays from 10-3 during the summer.  We are also available by appointment at other times.  We will increase our days/hours once school starts, and hope to have a satellite office in Honeydew in the fall.  All our services are confidential. We are currently offering the following programs:

Information and Referral Services:  We can provide advocacy and assist people in obtaining resource and supports in Humboldt County and beyond.

Playgroup: Our playgroup is for parents/caregivers and their children ages 0-5.  This is a free, weekly event that will meet on Tuesdays from 10:15-12:15 at the Mattole Valley Community Center.  Our first playgroup will be on July 15, 2014. We will provide a healthy snack.  It is a chance for parents/caregivers and young children to get together, play, and connect with one another.  We will have the opportunity to do movement, art, and music during these meetings, with 4-6 week sessions for each theme.  Please call or stop by for more information or if you have any ideas to share.

Summer Sports Program: We are collaborating with the Mattole Unified School District and the Mattole Valley Youth Soccer Club to support and sustain the summer sports program. Soccer camp will be at the end of July and will serve children and youth ages 5-18. Please call for more information or to sign up.

Food Distribution: We can assist with CalFresh sign ups. We are working to collaborate with the Food For People Food Bank to provide food for individuals and families in the Mattole.

Health and Wellness: We can make referrals to medical, dental, counseling, etc. We can assist with MediCAL and Covered California sign ups.

Please stop by the office or give us a call to say hello, if you need support, or have questions or suggestions.

Sincerely,

Julie Simpson, Dulce Doane, and Gaby Cohen

letter to community KR.doc