Alternative to Industrial Wind

Dave Grant

May 25, 2019, 1:14:47 AM5/25/19
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
Hello,

I am sorry this bulletin board has turned into a platform to bash Industrial Wind. I’m not a supporter and I’m tired of trying to convince people that industrial wind is not the answer to reducing our use of fossil fuels and coal. What we really need to focus on is an alternative. It shouldn’t be a choice of Wind vs Natural Gas, or Wind vs Coal. We as individuals can make the difference.

I have started a book project called “Humboldt Off the Grid.” It’s a book similar to Lloyd Kahn’s books published by Shelter Publishing but instead of owner built artistic homes, or Tiny Homes or Homes on the Move its a collection of Humboldt County Renewable Energy Systems. I’m going to be contacting everyone I can think of and will photograph your system and get a bit of information about it. It doesn’t have to be fancy and it doesn’t matter if it’s funky as long as it is making power in a clean responsible way.

You can make this easier for me my contacting me so we can set up a day and time to check out your method of creating clean, local renewable energy. Wether your off the grid, grid tied or just have an ingenious way of making energy pleas contact me. Otherwise I’ll be seeking you out.

Thanks for everyone’s input with this Humboldt Wind Project. I feel really blessed to live in such an amazing community. Now let’s figure out how we can solve our energy demands locally and with minimal impacts to this special place.

Thank you,
d a v e
--
d a v e . g r a n t