Is Biden too old?

John Williams

Jul 12, 2024, 2:11:59 PM (4 days ago) Jul 12
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board

At 83, I know something about the ravages of age, so, even though I think Biden has a good president on most issues, I think he should step aside and let someone younger run against Trump.

Speaking of Trump, recall that a few days ago he said he didn’t know who was behind the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025, even though over ten dozen people from his administration worked on it, and he “truthed”  that “…some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal.”  Now, video has surfaced that shows Trump talking about what seems to be it in glowing terms.  You don’t know what Project 2025 is?  Check it out.

Barbara

Jul 12, 2024, 4:32:42 PM (4 days ago) Jul 12
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
Primary delegates have been chosen, it is too disruptive and late to change candidates. GOPis ready to sue to get the election into the hands of the court if candidates are changed. I am 81 and could not do his job but he seems to be doing fine. If something happens in the next 4 years we have a line of succession. I believe Kamela Harris is more than qualified.

Roxy Kennedy

Jul 12, 2024, 6:53:58 PM (4 days ago) Jul 12
to John Williams, Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
People age at different rates, obviously.
I watched all the speeches. NOT the talking heads and media, not the dems chewing on him. So disloyal. And disrespectful. Stuttering or  minor misspeaking is not the story. Trumps crimes, lies, and plans are THE STORY.

Biden has shown himself to be productive despite the myriad of obstacles, aging being the least of these. He has top healthcare, a reliable and capable VP, a brilliant staff, wisdom, experience, connections, prestige worldwide. He is the guy to get us there, which is why he should have the job continue.

If Democrats wanted a younger candidate they should have put that forward a long time ago.
And should have been mentoring.
Republicans stick by their candidate beyond all sense, imho, why do democrats turn on each other??!! So distracting at such a critical time.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 11:12 AM John Williams <jgw...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

At 83, I know something about the ravages of age, so, even though I think Biden has a good president on most issues, I think he should step aside and let someone younger run against Trump.

Speaking of Trump, recall that a few days ago he said he didn’t know who was behind the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025, even though over ten dozen people from his administration worked on it, and he “truthed”  that “…some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal.”  Now, video has surfaced that shows Trump talking about what seems to be it in glowing terms.  You don’t know what Project 2025 is?  Check it out.

Barbara

Jul 12, 2024, 7:37:31 PM (4 days ago) Jul 12
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board

Hny may I know your name so I can tell you how much I agree with you

John Williams

Jul 13, 2024, 12:37:53 PM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
Jeez, I was trying to shift attention to Trump and Project 2025 – that surely didn’t work, so let me be more direct.  People who root for the Republican team need to realize how much it has changed.  Consider that John McCain and Mitt Romney are now outcasts.  Going back a bit further, consider that Earl Warren was a Republican!  Since the Great Depression, most Republicans recognized that some governmental intervention in the economy is necessary.  Now, Project 2025 wants to take up back to the 1920s, and Trump wants to reinstate the spoils system.  Have you noticed that there is an unprecedented heat wave going on in the West, and an unusually active hurricane system?  Trump’s response to this is “Drill, baby, drill.”

 Of course people age differently.  I think Biden is doing better than most, but his performance in the recent debate is a fact that we can’t ignore.

Ken Malcomson

Jul 13, 2024, 6:54:21 PM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
And it has been clear for a very long time he was not going to physically up for the job all the way to 2029. Silly to think otherwise and a dangerous myopia to not see it, given the dangerous world we live in and the vigor required to be effective. We don't vote just for a committee or a stand-in-to-lead-later, we vote for a LEADER. Someone capable now and for 4 more years.

Ken Malcomson

Jul 13, 2024, 6:54:28 PM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
John, glad you agree on our President. The Party has done all us Democrats, and the nation, a great disservice to not have high level party members boldly step forward and declare, sometime in 2023, that Mr. Biden should be limited to one term. We could've had a real primary and selected from a range of candidates that had a very good to excellent chance against a resurgent Trump. If Trump is such a terrifying danger to America, Democracy, etc it seems that kind of courage would've been the highest priority. But here we are. As the Tangerine Tornado would say, "SAD!".

Cheers,
Ken