Daily (and timely) Mattole Google Group Messages

Cindy Lyman

Mar 9, 2021, 2:04:23 AM3/9/21
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
Hi Neighbors:

While we are on the subject of learning more about the Mattole Google Group format, I'd like to know why I seen to receive my Mattole Google Group e-mails the following day.  In other words, if someone writes a request for a pick up at Rings on Monday, I do not receive their post in my email box until the following day (Tuesday).  This is upsetting when things are for free or for sale within the valley.   There seems to be at least a 12-hour time delay.

Is there somewhere on the Group site I can change the setting, or is that an internal PC security on my personal PC?  Is anyone else experiencing this?   Thank you all for any input.  c/

Cindy Lyman (in case it does not appear)  :)

laurac...@frontiernet.net

Mar 9, 2021, 11:26:32 AM3/9/21
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board, Cindy Lyman
Hi Cindy and anyone else getting emails in a clump:

I checked Cindy's subscription preferences. There are four choices: Digest (a daily delivery of all the past day's messages), Abridged (who knows), All Messages, or No Emails. Cindy had chosen Digest, so all mails were held for one daily delivery.

You can go in there and change it to All Messages, and every one should come by email as soon as it's posted.
Once in a while, for some reason, you still won't see a message. Usually that has to do with the sender or the provider for that sender, and it means the message went to your Spam or Junk email box. So check that box every once in a while to make sure you're not missing anything.

Cindy, i will go change your setting for you right now. So you should see this message as personally to you, and also as a posting on the Google Board mailed to you, within minutes. Let me know if you don't!

Thanks!
~Laura