A Lost Cost Outpost article on the namesake of our beloved A.W. Way Park

Saige Heuer

Jul 15, 2024, 2:26:05 PM (yesterday) Jul 15
to Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2024/jul/13/humboldt-history/

--
Saige Heuer
Pronouns: she, her, hers

I acknowledge my residence in Goudi'ni (Arcata), part of the ancestral territory of the Wiyot peoples. I offer my reconciliation and respect to their elders past and present. https://www.wiyot.us/162/Wiyot-Placename-Video

Be Y

Jul 15, 2024, 3:42:34 PM (yesterday) Jul 15
to Saige Heuer, Mattole Valley Bulletin Board
Thanks Saige for the link to the story.
Dick Brown is related to Arthur Way & I believe his place is the piece of property remaining after the county park donation occurred.
Everyone loves & benefits from AWWay Park, one of the many gems of the Mattole.
It would be great for the Outpost to follow up with a story about the native peoples that inhabited the mid valley prior to colonization.
~l