Open Space and Recreation

Mattapoisett Master Plan

May 12, 2020, 8:01:29 PM5/12/20
to Mattapoisett Master Plan
Are Mattapoisett's needs for open space and recreation opportunities being met? Where are the special places in town that you visit most?

jndec...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2020, 11:15:26 PM8/9/20

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 8:01:29 PM UTC-4, Mattapoisett Master Plan wrote:
Are Mattapoisett's needs for open space and recreation opportunities being met? Where are the special places in town that you visit most?

2 very different questions here. As to open space 25% to 30% (Rough estimate) of Mattapoisett's land mass is open/protect space. A tremendous achievement over the last 10 years or so. I would say that we must now consider the need for affordable housing before more land is purchased.

2 exceptions to that would be critical watershed property for drinking water protection and waterfront property for public use.

In regards to recreational activities we lack waterfront property for beach goers. We also need some recreational areas outside of the village. The west end, east end and north of 195 areas have no established recreational areas