Re: [matrixprogramming] SparseMatrix : deallocating some elements

Evgenii Rudnyi

Apr 27, 2013, 3:19:58 AM4/27/13
to matrixpr...@googlegroups.com
This is a feature of map used in SparseMatrix. When an element is not in
the map, the operator

map[i] = 0.

adds this element. One could use find to check if this element exist.
For example I have this function for a set but similar operation should
work for a map.

bool isDefined(const set<string> &opt, const string &name)
{
if (opt.find(name) == opt.end())
return false;
else
return true;
}

Well, it would be better to return an iterator to use it in the case the
element if found.

You can remove zero elements with erase as follows:

void SparseMatrix::removeZeros()
{
for (int i = 0; i < NRows(); ++i)
{
for (map<int, double>::iterator j = (*this)[i].begin(); j !=
(*this)[i].end(); )
{
if ((*j).second == 0.)
(*this)[i].erase(j++);