SVN Commit Access

Freddie Witherden

Aug 13, 2009, 7:45:22 PM8/13/09
to matht...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As most of you know my work on mathtex is made possible, so to speak,
by Google's Summer of Code programme. However, this comes to an end
next week, with this week being the suggested date for 'pencils down'.

While this does mean I will have less time for mathtex (especially
with university), I intend to maintain and develop it where possible.
I believe in the project and am planning to provide it as an
alternative to jsMath on one of my web applications.

However, in 1994 Michael McLay wrote a now infamous message to the
Python mailing list asking "If Guido was hit by a bus?". Now I am
proposing the same question, hence am asking if anyone wishes to have
commit access to the project.

Over the next couple of days I plan to push out the final 0.3 release.
Currently the only thing holding me back is my indecisiveness about
the wiggly-baselines bug. However, other than some occasional
alignment issues, 0.3 RC 1 is a solid release.

Regards, Freddie.

Ondrej Certik

Aug 13, 2009, 7:55:22 PM8/13/09
to matht...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the work you did. I certainly hope you will not abandon the
project, because the purpose of the GSoC is to get people involved in
opensource and not just do some work over the summer and then forget
about it.

Ondrej