UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859-1

Peter

Aug 22, 2011, 6:09:16 PM8/22/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello all,
I am having a trouble to save a Geogebra to Geogebra_xml fold with the
Greek alphabets. The setting with my choice of UTILITES >> Butter
Settings >> UTF-8 is NOT maintained; in another words, every time I
opened a new file it is reset to ISO-8859-1 encoding.

(1) Does the UTF-8 encode the Greeks Alphabet ok? If so, why is my
*.mpw file size so big as opposed to the case of no Greeks? I am
talking about over 9000 lines in a *.mpw with only three triangles
with alpha, beta, etc. (some Greek alphabets for angles)
(2) Does the MathPIperIDE have a menu or a way to save the UTF-8
encoding as default?

Peter Chung

Ted Kosan

Aug 22, 2011, 10:33:22 PM8/22/11
to mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

> I am having a trouble to save a Geogebra to Geogebra_xml fold with the
> Greek alphabets. The setting with my choice of UTILITES >> Butter
> Settings >> UTF-8 is NOT maintained; in another words, every time I
> opened a new file it is reset to ISO-8859-1 encoding.
>
> (1) Does the UTF-8 encode the Greeks Alphabet ok? If so, why is my
> *.mpw file size so big as opposed to the case of no Greeks? I am
> talking about over 9000 lines in a *.mpw with only three triangles
> with alpha, beta, etc. (some Greek alphabets for angles)

If you would, please send a copy of your large %geogebra_xml fold to
my gmail address (ted.kosan <at> gmail.com).

> (2) Does the MathPIperIDE have a menu or a way to save the UTF-8
> encoding as default?

If you select Utilities->Global Options->Encodings you can set the
default encoding for MathPiperIDE.

Ted

Peter

Aug 24, 2011, 9:25:20 AM8/24/11
to mathpiper-user
I will send you an private email for this matter.
Thanks.
Peter Chung