A BeanShell error occurred.

Peter

Jun 17, 2011, 8:36:13 AM6/17/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello,

I do not know when it happened, but I keep getting the following error
when I click on the GeoGebra Plug-In.
---------------------
A BeanShell error occurred
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: view ID can not be identified
(#16)

--------------------

I think I started getting it since I tried the LaTeXTools plug-ins
with my simple latex file, if I am correct.
For your reference, I have two other versions of GeoGebra installed.
V3.2 and V5.0.

Thank you.
Peter

Ted Kosan

Jun 17, 2011, 1:53:35 PM6/17/11
to mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

A couple of months ago another user ran into this error and I think it
is caused by multiple copies of GeoGebra being present on a PC. Did
you install one of these versions of GeoGebra just before the error
started occurring?

Ted

Peter

Jun 18, 2011, 10:09:32 AM6/18/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello,

The mathpiper had been working fine with the problematic plug-in, the
GeoGebra. I remember I also noticed the plug-in GeoGebra is somewhat
different than the current stable version V3.2.
I had two other versions of GeoGebra installed in addition to the one
with the MathPiper. They are V3.2 and V5.0 (External). They were
working independently fine, I believe.
I could remove the other two versions of the GeoGebra in order to get
the MathPiper and the Plug-In survived. What is your suggestion?

Again, thank you for your time.
Peter

Ted Kosan

Jun 18, 2011, 11:25:55 PM6/18/11
Peter wrote:

> The mathpiper had been working fine with the problematic plug-in, the
> GeoGebra. I remember I also noticed the plug-in GeoGebra is somewhat
> different than the current stable version V3.2.

The version of GeoGebra that is included in MathPiper is an older beta
version of GeoGebra 4.0.

> I had two other versions of GeoGebra installed in addition to the one
> with the MathPiper. They are V3.2 and V5.0 (External). They were
> working independently fine, I believe.

Do you remember if you installed another version of GeoGebra just
before the GeoGebra plugin in MathPiper broke?

Also, what operating system are you using?

> I could remove the other two versions of the GeoGebra in order to get
> the MathPiper and the Plug-In survived. What is your suggestion?

Unfortunately, this will probably not work. We had another user
encounter this same problem a month or two ago and uninstalling
GeoGebra did not fix it. I think I am going to have to set up a test
machine and try to reproduce this error on it.

Ted

Peter

Jun 20, 2011, 10:49:28 PM6/20/11
to mathpiper-user
> Do you remember if you installed another version of GeoGebra just
> before the GeoGebra plugin in MathPiper broke?

> > Yes. I had the v3.2 before the MathPiper installation.

> Also, what operating system are you using?

> > I am running Windows Vista SP2 Business 32-bit.

Thank you.
Peter