Can it be updated instead of being inserted?

Peter

Jun 29, 2011, 2:59:24 PM6/29/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello,

The newly released version includes "Save GeoGebra to Fold" as an
action menu from the Context menu. However, when I modify the Drawing
Pad and do the same (i.e., "Save GeoGebra to Fold") it INSERTS the new
set of lines into the current geogebra_xml fold into where the current
mouse point was at.
Would it be better to have the working geogebra_xml fold updated when
I do the menu action instead of being inserted?

Peter

Ted Kosan

Jun 30, 2011, 1:08:28 AM6/30/11
to mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

Updating a geogebra_xml fold if the caret is inside of it sounds like
a good idea. I will look into what it will take to implement this over
the weekend.

Ted

Ted Kosan

Jul 6, 2011, 11:55:48 PM7/6/11
to mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

I did look at what it will take to add this feature late last week,
but I forgot to report what I found! I should be able to add this
feature without too much trouble. I will let you know when I have
something working that you can test.

Ted

Peter

Jul 7, 2011, 11:46:13 AM7/7/11
to mathpiper-user
Great news! Looking forward to it.
Peter

Ted Kosan

Jul 9, 2011, 11:41:59 PM7/9/11
Peter wrote:

> The newly released version includes "Save GeoGebra to Fold" as an
> action menu from the Context menu. However, when I modify the Drawing
> Pad and do the same (i.e., "Save GeoGebra to Fold") it INSERTS the new
> set of lines into the current geogebra_xml fold into where the current
> mouse point was at.
> Would it be better to have the working geogebra_xml fold updated when
> I do the menu action instead of being inserted?

The "Save GeoGebra to Fold" command now replaces the code in a
%geogebra_xml fold instead of inserting into the midst of it. You can
try the new behaviour by downloading MathPiperIDE v.79R from here:

http://www.mathpiper.org/development-releases

Let me know if it does not work properly for you.

Ted

Peter

Jul 11, 2011, 2:19:44 PM7/11/11
to mathpiper-user
Yes. It works all fine. It's great!
Thank you.
Peter

Peter

Aug 15, 2011, 1:54:35 PM8/15/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello all,

Inside the jEdit window, there is a new menu item "Save Geogebra To
Fold" which is a great feature. It is fine and working good except
that the "title" part is always reset to an empty string. In other
words, it resets the title value in the %geogebra_xml fold. Can this
be fixed?
Thank you.
Peter Chung

Ted Kosan

Aug 15, 2011, 11:21:06 PM8/15/11
Peter wrote:

> Inside the jEdit window, there is a new menu item "Save Geogebra To
> Fold" which is a great feature. It is fine and working good except
> that the "title" part is always reset to an empty string. In other
> words, it resets the title value in the %geogebra_xml fold. Can this
> be fixed?

I will look into this and get back to you.

Ted

Ted Kosan

Aug 20, 2011, 10:56:45 PM8/20/11
Peter wrote:

> Inside the jEdit window, there is a new menu item "Save Geogebra To
> Fold" which is a great feature. It is fine and working good except
> that the "title" part is always reset to an empty string. In other
> words, it resets the title value in the %geogebra_xml fold. Can this
> be fixed?

This has now been fixed as of version .79U:

http://www.mathpiper.org/development-releases

Let me know if you notice any problems with it.

Ted