How to kill process?

Peter

Jun 13, 2011, 10:24:29 PM6/13/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello all.
I was experimenting GeoGebraPoint() function inside %mathpiper fold.
Actually I was following the second book, "Exploring STEM with
MathPiper" on page 141. Unfortunately I forgot to update the index
value to finite the While() function shown below:

%mathpiper
index := 1;
While(index <= 5)
[
x := RandomInteger(8);
y := RandomInteger(8);
GeoGebraPoint("A":ToString(index), x, y);
index++; /* THIS WAS MISSED */
];
%/mathpiper

Now, I seem to have an infinite loop never stopping. The Activity Log
blows up in the "activity.log" file.
It seems continuing even though I stopped and restarted the
"mathpiperIDE" in my Windows Vista.
How do I "kill" the job or task?

Peter

Ted Kosan

Jun 13, 2011, 11:19:41 PM6/13/11
to mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

> How do I "kill" the job or task?

There is a "Halt Calculation" button on the left side of the MathPiper
Console plugin which is at the bottom of the MathPiperIDE application.
I tested the code you sent with index++; commented out and the "Halt
Calculation" button stopped it from running.

Let me know if this button does not work on your computer :-)

Ted

Peter

Jun 14, 2011, 11:01:13 AM6/14/11
to mathpiper-user