JEdit and Emacs

Peter

Jun 29, 2011, 3:03:40 PM6/29/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello,

Is it possible to have Emacs key-bindings done in the JEdit worksheet?
I noticed that there are some Emacsxxx related commands (under "Global
Optons > jEdit > Shortcuts" which makes me to raise this question. I
would love to use Emacs key-binding for editing the jEdit worksheet.

Thank you.

Ted Kosan

Jun 30, 2011, 12:09:24 AM6/30/11
to mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

Do you think this solution will work for you?:

http://software.clapper.org/jedit-emacs/

In order to install this code into MathPiperIDE, you should be able to
follow the installation instructions which are given on the website
and just substitute 'mathpiperide' where they specify '.jedit'.

Ted

Peter

Jul 25, 2011, 8:24:01 PM7/25/11
to mathpiper-user
Hello,

I tried again the Emacs macros installation after the failure in the
first time that I am now able to use the emacs key-bindings.
I found that the Installation instruction (for Windows) is not
correct. There is the "settings" folder missing in the Installation
directions (2),(3) and (4). So, the correct version (for Windows; Note
I have not tried with Linux or others) should look as below:

To install the macros: (As shown on the page)

(1) Copy the contents of the jedit-emacs/startup directory to
your .jedit/startup directory (typically under your home directory).
(2) Create a .jedit/macros/Emacs directory.
(3) Copy the Bean Shell (*.bsh) files in jedit-emacs to your newly
created .jedit/macros/Emacs directory.
(4) Copy the shortcut.properties file to .jedit/macros/Emacs.
(5) Fire up jEdit. It should find the Emacs macros and automatically
create keybindings based on the contents of shortcut.properties.

To install the macros: (Fixed version)

(1) Copy the contents of the jedit-emacs/startup directory to
your .jedit/startup directory (typically under your home directory).
(2) Create a .jedit/settings/macros/Emacs directory.
(3) Copy the Bean Shell (*.bsh) files in jedit-emacs to your newly
created .jedit/settings/macros/Emacs directory.
(4) Copy the shortcut.properties file to .jedit/settings/macros/Emacs.