Saving the settings for GeoGebra Plugin

瀏覽次數:37 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Peter

未讀,
2011年6月21日 上午9:42:152011/6/21
收件者:mathpiper-user
Hello,

It is a great idea that the MathPiper (with the two folds, %mathpiper
and %geogebra folds) adds another dimension of control to the
GeoGebra. My next question is how one can save a construction
protocols of the GeoGebra so that the MathPiper and Geogebra are
"synchronized" when one re-execute the folds in the MathPiper. By
synchronized, I mean to have the GeoGebra to rebuild what it had
worked with MathPiper. That way, I will be able to control the
GeoGebra from the MathPiper.
I hope my question description make sense to you.

Peter

Ted Kosan

未讀,
2011年6月21日 中午12:38:382011/6/21
收件者:mathpip...@googlegroups.com
Peter wrote:

When the right mouse button is clicked inside of a MathPiper
worksheet, a popup menu is displayed which allows the user to do
various things like insert folds.

What do you think about the idea of an item being added to this menu
called "Save GeoGebra" which will save the current state of GeoGebra
into a %geogebra_xml fold inside the worksheet? Afterwards, when this
fold is executed, GeoGebra will be set to the constructions it
contains.

Also, is MathPiperIDE working for you now without the BeanShell error?

Ted

Peter

未讀,
2011年6月22日 晚上9:13:112011/6/22
收件者:mathpiper-user
By saving the current GeoGebra into the %geogebra_xml fold is exactly
I was asking for. In fact, I was going to ask you about how to create
the %geogebra_xml fold contents automatically.

For my Beanshell error problem, the problem still exists. I use a
stand-along installation of V3.2 for GeoGebra. I do not (cannot) use
the GeoGebra from the MathPiper. In fact, I have another system
(Windows 7) which I have the MathPiper installed and working fine with
the GeoGebra Plug-in. In this system, I had the GeoGebra V3.2
installed earlier and additional MathPiper installation brings no
problems. As I mentioned before, I guess the problem happened when I
did some LaTeXTools experiment, so I would not try the same experiment
with this newly installed MathPiper.

Peter

Ted Kosan

未讀,
2011年6月23日 凌晨12:24:172011/6/23
Peter wrote:

> By saving the current GeoGebra into the %geogebra_xml fold is exactly
> I was asking for. In fact, I was going to ask you about how to create
> the %geogebra_xml fold contents automatically.

Okay. I will start work on this soon and I will let you know how it goes.

Ted

Ted Kosan

未讀,
2011年6月26日 晚上9:59:222011/6/26
Peter wrote:

>> By saving the current GeoGebra into the %geogebra_xml fold is exactly
>> I was asking for. In fact, I was going to ask you about how to create
>> the %geogebra_xml fold contents automatically.

I have added a command called "Save GeoGebra To Fold" to the worksheet
right-click pop up menu that saves the current GeoGebra construction
into a %geogebra_xml fold. You can obtain the latest version of
MathPiperIDE that includes this new command from the following
website:

https://sites.google.com/site/mathpiper/development-releases

Let me know if you encounter any problems with it :-)

Ted

Peter

未讀,
2011年6月28日 晚上7:41:372011/6/28
收件者:mathpiper-user
Hello,

Thank you for your continuing updates.
I tested the new release with the feature "Save GeoGebra To Fold" and
found some issues.
The testing environment was to take the example geogebra_xml fold for
"vertical ball throuw" with 248 lines. After I executed the 248 lines
I got the the desired drawing pad output. Then, I reversed it to
create the geogebra_xml fold.
(1) The sample fold given in the "worksheet_demo_1.mpw" took only
about 4 seconds, while the recreated geogebra_xml fold is size of
12800 lines. That is, 248 vs 12800.
(2) The execution time wise, the demo version with 248 lines took only
about 4 seconds but the recreated fold took over 5 mins 5 seconds.

Even a single Point construction and the geogebra_xml fold
construction with your new menu action, it took more than 1 minute to
regenerate the single Point Drawing Pad in my desktop pc.
That was my quick test result.
Thank you.
Peter

Ted Kosan

未讀,
2011年6月28日 晚上11:34:332011/6/28
Peter wrote:

> I tested the new release with the feature "Save GeoGebra To Fold" and
> found some issues.
> The testing environment was to take the example geogebra_xml fold for

> "vertical ball throw" with 248 lines. After I executed the 248 lines

> I got the the desired drawing pad output. Then, I reversed it to
> create the geogebra_xml fold.
> (1) The sample fold given in the "worksheet_demo_1.mpw" took only
> about 4 seconds, while the recreated geogebra_xml fold is size of
> 12800 lines. That is, 248 vs 12800.
> (2) The execution time wise, the demo version with 248 lines took only
> about 4 seconds but the recreated fold took over 5 mins 5 seconds.
>
> Even a single Point construction and the geogebra_xml fold
> construction with your new menu action, it took more than 1 minute to
> regenerate the single Point Drawing Pad in my desktop pc.
> That was my quick test result.

Interesting. I tested the new save command with the "vertical ball
throw" example before I released it and its size was only 290 lines.

If you would, please do the following:

1) Create a new MathPiper worksheet, put together a GeoGebra
construction that contains three points, and save it into a
%geogebra_xml fold using the new save command.

2) Exit MathPiper.

3) Send the worksheet and the file mathpiperide\settings\activity.log
to me as attachments.

I would like to see if an error is being generated on your machine
when you use the new save command.

Thanks,

Ted

Peter

未讀,
2011年6月29日 下午2:53:512011/6/29
收件者:mathpiper-user
I am sorry. It works all fine this time. My reconstruction of the
"vertical ball throw" gives me only 304 lines this time. I do not know
what I had done to get such 12800 lines yesterday.

Thank you.
Peter
回覆所有人
回覆作者