rotate problem

David Brenner

Feb 26, 2016, 12:52:43 PM2/26/16
to MathMap
Hi.

I'm trying to use the Rotate filter from Gimp.

Gimp version: 2.8 x64
MathMap version: 1.3.5
OS: Windows 8.1 x64

No matter how many frames I'm setting in Animation, it always says "MathMapping frame 1)  for each one and generating EXACTLY the same layer as the first.
The preview doesn't work, it doesn't spin.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
David

Tom Rathborne

Feb 28, 2016, 8:53:56 AM2/28/16
to mat...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

The message implies that there is no variable <t> in the expression,
which would also explain why it's not rotating.

In my mathmap package, Rotate is:

filter geom_rotate (image in, float angle: 0-6.283)
in(ra + ra:[0, angle])

If you want to pick a specific rotation, make sure you have
updated the preview, then click the User Values tab and change it.

If you want an animated rotation, then you need an expression
such as this, where t animates from 0.0 to 1.0, resulting in a
2*pi rad (360 degree) rotation:

filter geom_rotate_animated (image in)
in(ra + ra:[0, t*2*pi])

Regards,

Tom
--
-- Tom Rathborne ------------------------------- Itinerant Theory Generalist --
You got to make the back of the fence that nobody will see

arunk...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 1:42:19 PM6/23/17
to MathMap, tom.ra...@gmail.com