MathMap Working On Ubuntu 18.04

Tas Mania

Jan 17, 2018, 6:40:23 AM1/17/18
to MathMap
Ubuntu 18.04 released in 2018 is a 'long term support' version. At present I'm using a package compiled on the previous LTS version 17.04 with a symlink.
Although MathMap compiles perfectly on 18.04 there is an issue with the Composer tab crashing MathMap.
I found this is a problem on both 17.10 and 18.04.

Ubuntu 17.10 introduced x64 only support, the Wayland display server and GDM after dumping Unity. Possibly one of these elements is causing the Composer problem.
To install on 18.04 you will need libgsl2 and the following symlink:
sudo  ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.23 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgsl.so.19

I'm hoping other users build MathMap on Ubuntu 18.04 to get some ideas on a better solution. I'm using Xubuntu and may do some compiling on RedHat also.
Cheers

Message has been deleted

Tas Mania

Jan 30, 2018, 6:56:26 PM1/30/18
to MathMap
To fix the Composer tab crashing MathMap when compiled on 17.10 and 18.04 you need to do this:

Open Makefile > uncomment line 47 so it reads
CFLAGS = -O0 -g -Wall #-fgnu89-inline

Happy :)

Tas Mania

Feb 19, 2018, 12:32:37 AM2/19/18
to MathMap

The latest package for Ubuntu 18.04 (current long term support) is available on the MathMap site:
MathMap for Ubuntu 18.04