Discovered how to animate many MathMap filters

Tas Mania

Jun 8, 2020, 5:31:44 AM6/8/20
to MathMap

I was using some MathMap filters (expressions) and discovered how to animate many of them.

If the filter has a slider that looks good in the 'User Values' page then you can animate the filter.

Often, you just add *t*2 to the line that defines the particular value.

I've uploaded 3 animation filters to the MathMap github repository.

Animated Quincuncial_Rotate

Animated Scale_Equirectangular

Animated Vedutismo

I don't want to overcrowd the animation filters.

If you have any requests let me know.

The 3 filters work as standalone or can interact with other filters in Composer.

Animated Vedutismo produces an infinite loop with 'Wrap' selected as 'Edge Behavior X and Y;

The others use reflect to make them loop for ever.

Here's an example:

This is how the Composer Tab looks for an animation like above:

I like Quincuncial because of it's impressive mathematical heritage. It's almost infinite IMHO :)