New Maintainer For MathMap

Tas Mania

Oct 27, 2017, 9:17:42 PM10/27/17
to MathMap
Hi MathMap contributors and users,
I will be maintaining MathMap after taking over from Mark Probst. Mark has done an amazing job over a long time so thank you Mark.

I realize MathMap is a 'mature' program with a great code base but everything else changes.
MathMap now throws a non-critical error on Gimp 2.9 but I think many MathMap features were way ahead of their time.

I'm going slowly with MathMap. So far I updated the web page and added the extra expressions to the repo.
The new expressions provide the animations that are so much fun to use in Gimp.
Also MM is easier to compile but this is not finished.

Looking at some graphics apps under development, i386 support is being dropped and OpenGL and OpenCL are being implemented.
I will struggle to compile a Windows version of MathMap so will need assistance there.

So it's all looking good for MathMap and we can bring this great program to a new generation of users and artists.
Cheers
Tas

NiVofHiR

Nov 9, 2017, 3:02:46 PM11/9/17
to MathMap
AWESOME Tas Mania!

   Love the infinite potential of this beautiful thing called MathMap!  MANY thanks Mark!

   I am working on a python based animation creator system that utilises MathMap.

  KEEP up the great work, LONG LIVE MATHMAP!

Will help this project how I can!

Respect,
NiVofHiR.

Tas Mania

Nov 14, 2017, 8:06:44 PM11/14/17
to MathMap
Hi NiVofHiR,
A python animation system based on Mathmap would be interesting to use.
Good luck with the coding.

NiVofHiR .

Nov 15, 2017, 11:17:35 AM11/15/17
to mat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks nice to make acquaintance!  I will keep you posted...

....first bash script LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME!

Lyle K

May 10, 2018, 1:55:05 PM5/10/18
to MathMap
Just saw this post; didn't know you are the new maintainer, Tas.  Hopefully you can get Mathmap to work on Windows soon.   :)