Mathmap works on Ubuntu 17

Tas Mania

Oct 13, 2017, 8:45:56 AM10/13/17
to MathMap
I came back after 5 months I tried compiling mathmap on Ubuntu and this time it worked. I followed Tommer's instructions exactly and mathmap compiles and installs on Ubuntu 17.04 zesty.
If you get this make error:
"Makefile:172: recipe for target 'compiler.o' failed"
it means you did not edit the file 'opmacros.h'
For some reason I thought it was not necessary. It is.

I made a debian package and included the extra filters such as the animation filters.
I tested on Ubuntu 16.04.3LTS with Gimp 2.8.22 and all good.
Also tested on Ubuntu 17.04 with Gimp 2.9.7 and all OK.
I feel confidant Mathmap will be around for as long as we want to use it.

My deb pack is here.

Mark Probst

Oct 15, 2017, 6:59:27 AM10/15/17
to mat...@googlegroups.com
Tas,

would you like to bring the MathMap homepage/GitHub page up to date, contribute your fixes, and provide your package for download?  It would be very helpful for the community, and I don't have time for MathMap anymore, unfortunately.

Mark

Tas Mania

Oct 18, 2017, 7:31:53 AM10/18/17
to MathMap
Hi Mark,
I contacted you by mail. Cheers
Tas

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Tas Mania <uniqu...@bigpond.com> wrote:
I came back after 5 months I tried compiling mathmap on Ubuntu and this time it worked. I followed Tommer's instructions exactly and mathmap compiles and installs on Ubuntu 17.04 zesty.
If you get this make error:
"Makefile:172: recipe for target 'compiler.o' failed"
it means you did not edit the file 'opmacros.h'
For some reason I thought it was not necessary. It is.

I made a debian package and included the extra filters such as the animation filters.
I tested on Ubuntu 16.04.3LTS with Gimp 2.8.22 and all good.
Also tested on Ubuntu 17.04 with Gimp 2.9.7 and all OK.
I feel confidant Mathmap will be around for as long as we want to use it.

My deb pack is here.

Piers Titus van der Torren

Oct 24, 2017, 5:38:36 PM10/24/17
to MathMap
Hi Mark & Tas,
I made some pull requests for the main repo to make it compatible with GSL 2.x, if it helps I can make a PR that applies the gif.patch to the rwimg repo too.

It would be nice to get it into the ubuntu archives, or at least make a PPA. You've got experience with that, Tas?

It's a pleasure to use this plugin again after many years!
Piers

Tas Mania

Oct 27, 2017, 8:49:51 PM10/27/17
to MathMap
Hi Piers,
Mark has stepped back and I will be maintaining MathMap for now.
GSL 2 compatibility would be good. I have a gif.patch and want to make rwimg an ordinary folder, not a submodule that has to be updated before patching and compile.

I've made packages for some time but not a PPA before. The ubuntu package naming scheme is quite strict so I haven't contributed to the archives.

MathMap currently distributes binaries from git pages which is not ideal. It should be done from git releases.
Tas