Made A Mathmap RPM For Fedora 28

Tas Mania

May 26, 2018, 11:41:55 PM5/26/18
to MathMap
I've compiled Mathmap for Fedora 28. It's available here:

Like the Ubuntu packs this has the animations filters and was tested on Gimp 2.8.22 and Gimp 2.10.2.

Hopefully it will not ask for dependencies but it may want gsl-devel.

I was impressed by how MathMap works on Fedora Linux.

I would like to write a detailed howto on making animations with MathMap Composer.
I've done some videos made with MathMap Composer along with G'mic and GAP.

Mark Probst

May 27, 2018, 9:59:08 AM5/27/18
to mat...@googlegroups.com
Tas,

I'm so happy to see how you're whipping MathMap back into shape.  And wow, great work on those videos!  You should definitely do a write-up of that!

Cheers!
Mark

Tas Mania

Jun 26, 2018, 6:47:31 AM6/26/18
to MathMap
Thanks Mark.
I found the underlying MathMap code is excellent. It's very stable with multi cores and lots of ram. Composer seemed to be a logical place to do animations.
Of course not all combinations work together but I'm sure there are mathematical reasons why they don't. I now have a library of Composer combinations that work very well.
It was a revelation to see that almost all MathMap filters can be animated when combined with animated filters.

I am attempting to build a Windows10 version of MM on Windows. The gegl 0.3 patches from 9 years ago no longer work and Gimp now uses gegl 0.4.
I think the obstacles can be overcome. I'm using some of the mingw-64 packages which is like a Linux packaging system for Windows.
All the best
Tas

Lyle K

Oct 3, 2018, 1:05:03 PM10/3/18
to mat...@googlegroups.com
A little late (never really check my GMAIL; lol) Tas.   Hope you get it to work with Win10/GIMP 2.10.   :)