Can someone help me get Mathmap working? On Windows 7: the Mathmap filters (blur, etc.) are missing.

Mike K

Oct 30, 2014, 8:46:08 AM10/30/14
to mat...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded the latest GIMP (2.8.14) and Mathmap (1.3.5).  MathMap seems to be installed ok, in that it exists under Filters>Generic>MathMap, and it will launch when selected.  But the associated filters are not present (e.g. blur, colors, combine).  I'm not sure if this is a version compatibility problem or if I have the wrong path (where are those filters supposed to be found)?

The only thing I could find in a google search on this was: http://techtipsmadeeasy.blogspot.com/2012/10/installing-mathmap-in-gimp-28-under.html which says to change the directory from "C:\Users\your name\.gimp-2.6" to  "C:\Users\your name\.gimp-2.8"

Right now GIMP is in C:\program files\GIMP 2
MathMap is in C:\Users\Mike\gimp-2.8

Any ideas?

Andy Modla

Feb 10, 2015, 1:59:49 PM2/10/15
to mat...@googlegroups.com
I had success by copying the contents of gimp-2.6 to gimp-2.8.