font for \mathbin

Alan

Jun 12, 2024, 5:03:58 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to MathJax Users
When I use \mathbin, the spacing is correct, but I see an italic font. (Tested in Edge and Chrome.) Shouldn't it be an upright font?

Davide Cervone

Jun 12, 2024, 7:39:30 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
When I use \mathbin, the spacing is correct, but I see an italic font. (Tested in Edge and Chrome.) Shouldn't it be an upright font?

It depends on what you are passing to \mathbin.  If you use \mathbin{x}, for example, the "x" will be italic, just as it would be without the \mathbin.  The \mathbin macro only changes the TeX class of the contents, which affects its spacing, but not how the contents is typeset.

If you what an upright "x", then use \mathbin{\mathrm{x}}.

Davide

Message has been deleted