v2 support horizon

mkl...@agilemind.com

Mar 30, 2022, 7:15:38 PM3/30/22
to MathJax Users
With MathJax v3 under active development, is there a roadmap for v2 future patch fixes or a date for being officially discontinued? Moving to v3 appears to be  a non-trivial process so I'd like to plan accordingly. Looked in the FAQs and this forum but didn't see anything that answered this; apologies if I missed it.

Thank you!
-mck

Davide Cervone

Apr 6, 2022, 7:03:23 PM4/6/22
to mathja...@googlegroups.com

With MathJax v3 under active development, is there a roadmap for v2 future patch fixes or a date for being officially discontinued? Moving to v3 appears to be  a non-trivial process so I'd like to plan accordingly. Looked in the FAQs and this forum but didn't see anything that answered this; apologies if I missed it.

MathJax v2 will continue to receive bug fix released at least until all the remaining v2 features that need to be ported to v3 are actually available in v3.  This includes support for more fonts, automatic line breaking, the begingroup extension and a few other pieces.  That is not likely to be completely done until next year, so version 2 should continue to get updates until then.  But no new features are planned for v2.

If you need help converting to v3, let us know, and we may be able to help.  Note that there is a tool for converting your v2 configuration to v3 at

and there is information about converting at

There is an example at

that shows how to mimic some of the v2 API, and perhaps that is sufficient for your needs.

Davide

mkl...@agilemind.com

Apr 12, 2022, 1:02:14 PM4/12/22
to MathJax Users
Thank you -- that is useful information.
-mck