Math Widget Solution

Kehinde Samson

Aug 30, 2021, 10:13:15 PM8/30/21
to MathJax Users
Please, how can I create a linear graph and other graphs using mathjax by generating random values and also having fixed values?

Davide Cervone

Sep 15, 2021, 7:42:02 PM9/15/21
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
MathJax is for typesetting mathematical expressions for display as formulas on the page.  It is not a computer algebra system (CAS) or a graphics system, and does not produce graphs of functions, or evaluate them in any way.  For that, you need either a CAS or a graphics library.  Perhaps something like JSXGraph or Desmos is what you are looking for?

Davide

On Aug 30, 2021, at 10:13 PM, Kehinde Samson <kaydid...@gmail.com> wrote:

Please, how can I create a linear graph and other graphs using mathjax by generating random values and also having fixed values?

John Stockton

Sep 16, 2021, 3:15:11 PM9/16/21
to MathJax Users
On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 00:42:02 UTC+1 Davide Cervone wrote:
MathJax is for typesetting mathematical expressions for display as formulas on the page.  It is not a computer algebra system (CAS) or a graphics system, and does not produce graphs of functions, or evaluate them in any way.  For that, you need either a CAS or a graphics library.  Perhaps something like JSXGraph or Desmos is what you are looking for?

I venture to disagree with your word "need" (unless CAS includes HTML canvas, but I suspect it goes with SAS) !!  It is perfectly easy to draw graphs and other diagrams using the standard HTML canvas element.

Go to (stolen from me over a decade ago
https://people.cs.nctu.edu.tw/~tsaiwn/sisc/runtime_error_200_div_by_0/www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-grphx.htm and press the ReadText button in the Plot section; an image should appear just below that.  Then in the Sample Code, alter the word OXO to, for example TEA, and press the button again. Pressing ReadFiles should also work.

My screen display has just rotated 180 degrees n its own plane, which makes things difficult.  So I'll post this as - it was near enough finished - and see whether a re-boot helps.

-- (c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Using Google Groups. | Mail: J.R.""""""""@physics.org - or as Reply-To, if any. |

John Stockton

Sep 16, 2021, 3:35:36 PM9/16/21
to MathJax Users
On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 20:15:11 UTC+1 John Stockton wrote:

My screen display has just rotated 180 degrees n its own plane, which makes things difficult.  So I'll post this as - it was near enough finished - and see whether a re-boot helps.

It did not, so I rang a guru.  Winkey-D then Ctrl-Alt-UpArrow, or something like that did it; he has now E-mailed me the string

-- (c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Using Google Groups. |