How to request adding support to breqn package in mathjax?

Nasser M. Abbasi

Nov 22, 2021, 9:52:46 PM11/22/21
to MathJax Users
mathjax does not support breqn package.  i.e. this is where math is written as

\begin{dmath*}
A = B
\end{dmath*}

or

\begin{dgroup*}
\begin{dmath*}
A = B
\end{dmath*}
\begin{dmath*}
= C
\end{dmath*}
\end{dgroup*}

This package automatically breaks long math equations so they become easier to see.

My question is, how to request possible adding support in mathjax directly for this? I know this would not be trivial to implement in HTML. But I was not sure if there was request for it already or not or if it is on the to-do list for mathjax.

Thanks
--Nasser

Davide Cervone

Dec 2, 2021, 11:29:34 AM12/2/21
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
You can make a feature request at

with the "New Issue" button.  You will get a choice of an issue or a feature request at that point.

Note, however, that version 2 includes automatic line breaking, and that that is already high on the list of things to do in the coming year.  It does not operate quite the same as the breqn package, and doesn't define the environments from that package.  Perhaps some more control over MathJax's line breaking can be implemented when it is ported to v3.

Davide