Wrapping lines for different views

Spinning Wing

Jun 13, 2021, 2:59:37 PM6/13/21
to MathJax Users
The following page looks fine on my laptop, but runs outside the visible screen on my mobile phone.  Is there a way to make MathJax wrap longer lines on my mobile phone, or some other solution?

Davide Cervone

Jun 17, 2021, 7:50:26 AM6/17/21
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
The line breaking algorithm from MathJax v2 has not been ported to v3 yet, so automatic line breaking isn't available in v3 (this is one of the important features yet to be ported).  One possible option that you have would be to make the overflowing math be scrollable so the user can scroll the overflowing math to view it.  That might be better than nothing.

To do that, you could try adding

mix-container {
    min-width: 0 ! important;
    overflow-x: auto ! important;
}

to your page's CSS and see if that helps.

Davide

On Jun 13, 2021, at 2:59 PM, Spinning Wing <spinning...@gmail.com> wrote:

The following page looks fine on my laptop, but runs outside the visible screen on my mobile phone.  Is there a way to make MathJax wrap longer lines on my mobile phone, or some other solution?

Rob Beezer

Jun 17, 2021, 11:01:16 AM6/17/21
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Typo?

mjx-container (not mix-container)?

On 6/17/21 4:50 AM, Davide Cervone wrote:
> The line breaking algorithm from MathJax v2 has not been ported to v3 yet, so
> automatic line breaking isn't available in v3 (this is one of the important
> features yet to be ported).  One possible option that you have would be to make
> the overflowing math be scrollable so the user can scroll the overflowing math
> to view it.  That might be better than nothing.
>
> To do that, you could try adding
>
> mix-container {
>     min-width: 0 ! important;
>     overflow-x: auto ! important;
> }
>

> to your page's CSS and see if that helps.
>
> Davide
>

>> On Jun 13, 2021, at 2:59 PM, Spinning Wing <spinning...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:spinning...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> The following page looks fine on my laptop, but runs outside the visible
>> screen on my mobile phone.  Is there a way to make MathJax wrap longer lines
>> on my mobile phone, or some other solution?
>>
>> https://www.spinningwing.com/helicopter/rotor-blade-modes
>> <https://www.spinningwing.com/helicopter/rotor-blade-modes>
>>

>> --
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mathjax-users/06C9D787-34A8-4824-9DA5-265F975A5725%40mathjax.org
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mathjax-users/06C9D787-34A8-4824-9DA5-265F975A5725%40mathjax.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Davide Cervone

Jun 17, 2021, 11:09:00 AM6/17/21
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are right. I type "mjx" but autocorrect always "fixes" it to "mix". I don't always catch it.

Davide