MathJax v4.0.0-beta.6 now available

dp...@mathjax.org

May 1, 2024, 8:29:57 AMMay 1
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
The MathJax team is pleased to announce the release of v4.0.0-beta.6 of MathJax.  This is the third beta release of version 4 of MathJax (beta.1 and beta.5 had issues with the release process).  We expect one further beta version before the official v4.0.0 release.

The main new features are the following:
  • The expression explorer has been significantly rewritten to work with the use of aria-label attributes rather than ARIA live regions.  This improves compatibility and stability of the explorer.

  • The expression explorer can now be entered by clicking on any character in an expression, and exploration will start at that location in the expression.

  • The accessibility menu has been reorganized, and its contents moved to the top level of the MathJax contextual menu for easier access and a more rational organization.

  • Several new TeX packages with different double-struck options are now available: bbmbboldx, and dsfont.
Details on these changes, and the full list of bugs that are fixed in this release are included in the release notes.

Note that the 4.0.0-beta.5 had an issue with the packaging and caused problems within node applications, and so was removed.

Davide P. Cervone
MathJax lead developer

Oleg Putilin

May 15, 2024, 10:31:23 PMMay 15
to MathJax Users
Is there an ETA on the official v4.0.0 release?

Thank you,
Oleg

Davide Cervone

May 17, 2024, 1:54:25 PMMay 17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
The next step is a code cleanup, and a reorganization of the MathJax repositories (we are planning to move to scoped npm packages).  Wee will have to see how long that takes, first, but I'm hoping the official version will be out later this year.

Davide

This conversation is locked