New to MathJax - how to dynamically change equations?

J Britton

Jan 17, 2022, 8:41:21 PM1/17/22
to MathJax Users
I'm new to MathJax and I'm still trying to figure out things, so I don't know how to search what I'm looking for. What I would love to be able to do is to have an equation change depending on which button a user selects. For example, the default equation might be ax + b = 0, but the user could then change a and b to something else like c and d. This is a simple example, but I can see it being useful for changing subscripts or other parts of an equation. Any ideas on how I can get started on this? Thanks!

Juha-Matti Huusko

Jan 18, 2022, 9:25:31 AM1/18/22
to MathJax Users
1) You need a Javascript function and need to call MathJax Hub
E.g see

David Farmer

Jan 18, 2022, 9:59:27 AM1/18/22
to MathJax Users

MathJax Hub is for MathJax 2

For MathJax 3, use MathJax.typesetPromise() . See

https://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/web/typeset.html