Re: [mathjax-users] Backslash outside maths

Davide Cervone

Dec 2, 2021, 11:39:19 AM12/2/21
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
In order to allow you to include a literal $, \(, \), \[ or \] in your text, MathJax processes double backslashes as single backslashes.  So you can use \\( to get a literal \( in your page.  There is a configuration parameter that controls whether that processing is done or not, so you can turn that off if you wish.  See

and look for processEscapes.

Davide

On Nov 21, 2021, at 4:46 AM, Ray Papworth <raypa...@gmail.com> wrote:

My html page contains maths delimited by backslash and brackets in the usual way which work correctly, but the page also contains ordinary text which can contain backslash characters. A double backslash in the text  then appears on the page as a single backslash. It is not obvious to me why MathJax needs to change text outside of math delimiters. Is this an essential feature? If it is I can work around it but I am just wondering if it could be changed.

Thanks.