MathJax sometimes rendering, sometimes not

kalle_...@hotmail.com

May 12, 2015, 12:03:53 PM5/12/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have problems with MathJax often not rendering any equations on this page:

http://kaba.hilvi.org/remark/math_syntax.htm

However, if I push refresh F5 on my browser, then the equations are rendered again. The same thing happens on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

The behaviour can be evoked by:

* push "Back to Remark Syntax" link to get out of the page,
* push "Math syntax" link to get back to the page .

Sometimes it renders, sometimes not. When I have the same files on my computer, the equations are always rendered.

In html-head, I have:

<script type="text/javascript" src="remark_files/mathjax-config.js"></script>

The latter reference is to

which sets up MathJax. On the page, an equation is defined in the following form:

Any ideas on what could cause such behaviour?

Kalle

Murray

May 13, 2015, 5:01:15 AM5/13/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Kaba

It saw the intermittent behavior you described. The Network tab showed that all the MathJax files were not loading when the page wasn't displaying properly.

It seems you need to specify the configuration you need.

I found with both of these settings your page rendered fine:

or

You could try other "config=" settings to suit your situation.

I haven't played much with external config files, but the above didn't conflict with your own config file as far as I could tell.

Regards
Murray

Peter Krautzberger

May 13, 2015, 5:20:23 AM5/13/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaba,

It looks like your content is generated by some other tools, so I'm not sure how much you can tweak things yourself.

As Murray pointed out, it's more efficient to load a combined configuration file.

But the main problem is that

    [...]MathJax.js?delayStartupUntilConfig

should read

    [...]MathJax.js?delayStartupUntil=configured

Regards,
Peter.

kaba

May 13, 2015, 9:05:40 AM5/13/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Peter, Murray,

I changed to use delayStartupUntil=configured, and also http to https (the tool is mine). It works now:

Thanks for the help!

Kalle