mml2svg-page + speech text

Leela Bala

Oct 31, 2022, 5:37:37 AM10/31/22
to MathJax Users
Hi

When I try to use new version of "MathJax-demos-node-master" and try to get speech text using mml2svg-page, but i am getting the below errors. But i installed all packages.

node c:\Users\e400009\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\MathJax-demos-node-master\speech\mml2svg-page --dist="true" lee_eq-out.html  1>lee_eq-speech.html
Unable to load locale: base
Unable to load locale: base
Unable to load locale: en
Unable to load locale: en

Something went wrong computing speech.
Something went wrong computing speech.

Regards
Leela

Davide Cervone

Dec 9, 2022, 2:39:11 PM12/9/22
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
I am not able to reproduce your errors, and when I use

node_modules/MathJax-demos-node/speech/mml2svg --dist file.html

produces the expected output.

The error message suggests that the speech-rule engine is not able to locate its locale files, and it may be that the file paths aren't being set correctly for Windows (e.g., using "/" rather than "\", or not interpreting "C:" properly).  I'm not running on Windows, so haven't been able to test that.

You might consider using Windows Subsystem to Linux instead, as that should avoid the path issues.

That's the only think I can think of that might be the issue.

Davide